Suru Boulder Festival, second edition
August 25th – 5th Sept 2018
The activities will be based around Langkarchey village in the Suru valley, Ladakh.
* Please take care to read the notices below.
Deep within, we all have a desire to explore, to bridge our mental and physical selves with the exterior and find that which completes us and our undying curiosity for the unknown. With this curiosity comes the rise of a new wave. Suru Valley is yet to be discovered by the outside world and is a place with potential for all forms of adventure and extreme sports.
Experienced climbers will love the adventure of scoping out new crags and routes, as well as bouldering with some of the best climbers from India and other countries.
We also warmly welcome novice climbers, who will have the opportunity to learn from peers. There will also be some introductory sessions for those who want them.
Last year, Suru Valley became a playground for climbers from all across the world at our very first bouldering festival. This year is packed with more adrenaline and adventure than before, so come join the exploration and find your problem!
PACKAGES & PRICING
- Exploration and climbing at Suru valley.
- Accommodation in tents on twin sharing basis fully equipped with mattress and sleeping bags
- All meals – wholesome, nutritious, vegetarian
- Transport from Leh to Suru and back
- Crash pads, tape, chalk and guidance from professional climbers
- Guidance for beginners
- Daily Yoga Class
Whats not included:
- Airfare/ travel to Leh
- Accomodation in Leh (but we can help climbers arrange stay in Leh)
If you have your own camping gear, we can discuss the prices.
To make the most of your trip, we can also help plan additional tour or outdoor itineraries.
Please contact organisers for more information.
- The event is for climbers over 18; minors should be accompanied by a parent
- Camping is forbidden outside the camp-sites.
- The organizers will not be responsible for any injury sustained by participants but medical assistance will be provided.
Surufest 2017 Teaser
Come say Hi!
We’re located in the heart of Leh city on the busy streets of Fort Road. graviT boulder gym is open on all days from 9am to 9pm. If you are in Leh, come visit.
How to get There:
We will be camping at Langkarchey village in the Suru valley – a small, quiet village surrounded by numerous boulder fields.
The village is located about 40km from Kargil, and one can take taxi from Kargil to reach Langkarchey.
Kargil is connected to Leh and Srinagar via the NH1 and around 200 km from Leh and from Srinagar.
If you need help organising private transport, or additional tour / outdoor itineraries for your group, please get in touch with the organisers.